I'm a storyteller.
我是一名讲故事的人。
And I would like to tell you a few personal stories about what I like to call "the danger of the single story."
我想和大家分享几个关于“单一故事的危险性”的个人故事。
I grew up on a university campus in eastern Nigeria.
我在尼日利亚东部的一个大学校园里长大。
My mother says that I started reading at the age of two, although I think four is probably close to the truth.
母亲说我两岁就开始读书,不过我觉得四岁左右可能更接近事实。
So I was an early reader, and what I read were British and American children's books.
所以我是个早慧的读者,读的都是英美儿童读物。
I was also an early writer, and when I began to write, at about the age of seven, stories in pencil with crayon illustrations that my poor mother was obligated to read,
我也是个早慧的写作者,大约七岁时开始用铅笔写作,配上蜡笔插图,可怜的母亲不得不读这些作品。
I wrote exactly the kinds of stories I was reading: All my characters were white and blue-eyed, they played in the snow, they ate apples, (Laughter) and they talked a lot about
我写的正是我读的那种故事:所有角色都是白人、蓝眼睛,他们在雪地里玩耍,吃苹果(笑声),还大谈特谈……
the weather, how lovely it was that the sun had come out.
……天气,感叹太阳出来是多么美好。
(Laughter) Now, this despite the fact that I lived in Nigeria.
然而,这发生在我住在尼日利亚的事实面前。
I had never been outside Nigeria.
我从未离开过尼日利亚。
Color-graded vocabulary · A4 layout · with or without translation · print and study anywhere
See Pro plans →