So, I'll start with this: a couple years ago, an event planner called me because I was going to do a speaking event.
那么,我先从这个说起:几年前,一位活动策划人联系我,因为我即将参加一场演讲活动。
And she called, and she said, "I'm really struggling with how to write about you on the little flyer."
她打来电话说:‘我在如何为那张小传单撰写关于你的介绍时,真的遇到了困难。’
And I thought, "Well, what's the struggle?"
我心想:‘嗯,这有什么难的呢?’
And she said, "Well, I saw you speak, and I'm going to call you a researcher, I think, but I'm afraid if I call you a researcher, no one will come, because
她说:‘嗯,我看过你的演讲,我觉得应该称你为研究人员,但我担心如果这么称呼,没人会来,因为……'
they'll think you're boring and irrelevant."
他们会觉得你枯燥乏味且与当下无关。
(Laughter) And I was like, "Okay."
(笑声)我当时就想:‘好吧。’
And she said, "But the thing I liked about your talk is you're a storyteller.
然后她说:‘但你演讲中让我喜欢的一点是,你是个讲故事的人。’
So I think what I'll do is just call you a storyteller."
所以我想我会直接称你为讲故事的人。’
And of course, the academic, insecure part of me was like, "You're going to call me a what?"
当然,我内心那个缺乏自信的学者部分立刻冒出来:‘你要叫我什么?’
And she said, "I'm going to call you a storyteller."
她说:‘我要叫你讲故事的人。’
Color-graded vocabulary · A4 layout · with or without translation · print and study anywhere
See Pro plans →