Transcriber: Joseph Geni Reviewer: Morton Bast When I was 27 years old, I left a very demanding job in management consulting for a job that was even more demanding: teaching.
当我27岁时,我辞去了管理咨询行业那份极具挑战性的工作,转而从事一份更具挑战性的职业:教书。
I went to teach seventh graders math in the New York City public schools.
我去纽约市的公立学校教七年级的数学。
And like any teacher, I made quizzes and tests.
和任何老师一样,我也出测验卷和考试卷。
I gave out homework assignments.
我布置家庭作业。
When the work came back, I calculated grades.
作业交上来后,我就计算分数。
What struck me was that IQ was not the only difference between my best and my worst students.
让我感到惊讶的是,智商并不是我表现最好和最差学生之间的唯一差异。
Some of my strongest performers did not have stratospheric IQ scores.
一些表现最出色的学生并没有极高的智商分数。
Some of my smartest kids weren't doing so well.
有些聪明的孩子成绩却并不理想。
And that got me thinking.
这让我开始思考。
The kinds of things you need to learn in seventh grade math, sure, they're hard: ratios, decimals, the area of a parallelogram.
七年级数学需要学习的内容确实很难:比如比例、小数和平行四边形的面积。
Color-graded vocabulary · A4 layout · with or without translation · print and study anywhere
See Pro plans →